Citizen Film - Potsdam Revisited: Overture to the Cold War
Citizen Film is a not-for-profit production company dedicated to crafting documentaries with care and dignity. CF collaborates with cultural institutions, community organizations and independent producers to create films and online media that foster active engagement in cultural and civic life. On November 19th, 2014, a special multimedia event premiered before a sellout crowd at Stanford University’s world-class performing arts venue, Bing Hall. The audience was transported back to July 1945, when, to break the ice of negotiating the postwar fate of the world, Truman, Churchill and Stalin paused to listen to a 19-year-old American rifleman named Stuart Canin play his violin.
FRAMEWORK was approached by Citizen Film on a 6 week lead time to produce the event at Stanford's Bing Hall and make sure that every seat was filled. Included in the evening's show was a film screening, a live performance with violinist Stuart Canin and pianist Helene Wicket and a panel discussion about the Cold War with Secretary of State George Shultz. Framework had to make sure that all aspects of this multi-faceted event were managed smoothly, and that messaging and communications were reaching the correct channels and audiences to ensure a sold out show.
Event Production Details
- Created production script for multidisciplinary event: live music, film screening, forum
- Primary liaison to producers, sponsors, film crew, musicians and speakers
- Managed VIP list with over 200 guests to include press and political figures
- Project managed the design and production of collateral
- Day of event stage management and artist handling
- Sourced, hired and managed vendors and stand-ins
Marketing and Communication Details
- Created messaging for website and press release and all other narrative-based communiques
- Identified relevant media outlets and secured preview press
- Identified community and cultural centers in the Peninsula for promotion and cross promotion opportunities
- Wrote content and created website specific to the one night event: www.potsdamatstanford.com
- Oversaw social media campaign